Location : The Nest House Melaka is surrounded by restaurants, cafes and spas. It is a short walk to the historic parts of Melaka yet in a quiet position.
Design : Unique and modern, you will feel inspired the moment you stepped in.
Food : Well, there are snacks available in the lounge area. For solid food, everything is just around the corner.
Mattress : The material is just right to get you to sleep through the night.
Cleanliness : Not really sure. But so far, no complaints.
Instagram Friendly : Eco-friendly, industrial artistic design which is totally instagram worthy.
The Nest House is a unique, modern and comfy homestay located in the heart of Melaka. Great food options, historic sites, river cruising, shopping and massage centres await you. Most importantly, Jonker Street is just a 15-minute walk away. The Nest House is an Eco-friendly, industrial artistic design which is totally Instagram worthy.
All the artworks inside and outside have been designed specifically for THE NEST HOUSE by Australian artist Melanie Bayoud of #embeedesigns. Lots of Instagram worthy artwork at the back of every open wardrobe to have fun with. Take some amazing shots up on the roof deck with our famous graffiti wings. Hashtag your photographs, @thenesthousemelaka and Melanie, at #embeedesigns.
The photographs throughout the house were taken by Australian photographer Kerry Mcconnachie #billygoats_2_chopsticks of the original house before demolition occurred. You will notice the intensity of the patina and colours in the photographs creating a mystery of years of family use here before the NEST HOUSE was created.
The garden courtyard has been designed for getting to know your fellow travellers. Take your coffee outside and enjoy the morning sun while making plans for your day. A great area to relax at night after an exciting day exploring the history of Melaka.
1.Ventilation block feature walls – allowing natural airflow throughout the whole building.
2. Eco-friendly heat reflective glass maintains the cooling temperature of the house, eliminating the need for air conditioning. Tall ceilings with fans that circulate a cooling breeze. Don’t worry though as aircon is there if you’re really feeling the heat.
3. Tall and expansive windows – allowing natural light to shine in. Views into our nest house private garden next door.
4. Artistic design – custom made pieces throughout the building.
5. Rooftop for chilling out which has the morning sun for those wanting to top up their suntans and a Skydeck for 360 views of Melaka.
6. Garden courtyard to enjoy checking your emails or posting your fabulous Instagram wing photos.
7. Surprises everywhere – there might be a mouse house under your wardrobe.
8. Instagram worthy – everywhere can be a beautiful spot to take pictures.
9. The shower has an open feature window making use of the beautiful tropical weather of Malaysia.