POMELO X NISA’ for #PomeloGirls
Nisa’ Halid shares her tips on career development, styling ideas for job interviews, and how she successfully pivot her career and seek new opportunities during this difficult time with the Pomelo Fashion’s newsletter today.
Q: What is your number one career tip with Pomelo?
A: I have always believed in ‘If you are willing to do more than you are paid to do. Eventually, you will be paid to do more than you do’ I’m always curious, I often take the initiative to do beyond my job scope even if I’m struggling cause at the end of the day, I’ll learn something out of it.
Q: What is your message for other young women who look up to you and aspire to follow your footsteps?
A: Be Brave. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone cause when you try new thing is where the magic happens. Go and taste the world, take every chance you get in life because some things only happen once.
Q: What was the biggest challenge you’ve conquered and benefited from in your career?
A: Preparing for pivotal opportunities takes time, self-reflection, and imagination. I waited for 4 years to make hipshut.com work. I knew the time will come, and it came right on time. I took a day to mourn after the closure of my ex-company and I bounce back stronger the next day because I have always aim to stay above.
Q: What is your advice to those who seek a career change or advancement like a promotion?
A: Be the judge and jury, yourself. These questions linger to me before everything else – Is this an option or an opportunity? Am I creating/choosing what I really want/love? Is this the right route for me? If you left with nothing and at the same time trying to absorb mental hacks to be confident, you might as well go-for-it.
Q: Styling tips and outfit idea on a budget for job interviews
If you’re on a budget but you have many interviews to attend, these 5 pointers might do the tricks:
1. Layering – A power blazer can be a nice layer to throw on top. This will quickly vamp up your boring look to looking oh-so-chic!
2. Accessorize – You need your best foot forward. A really good neutrals color pair of shoes.
3. Fashion related job – Make sure your outfit shows that you know a relevant silhouette or stylish trend detail.
4. Suit up – Pick two suits in basic colors, say black or brown. Mix and match all week if you have back to back interviews.
5. Go for the ‘basic’ – Wear a smart, classic style dress. Black is the best option. If you’re already wearing black, pair it with a colored handbag.
Once you know what to wear for an interview, that confidence will show in how you present yourself.
Shop the latest fashion at POMELO fashion here.